Saturday 19 May 2007

Standards

Saw a programme on the television the other night, a documentary about the conditions that women live under in Afghanistan; they have been let down by the so called ‘West,’ and as it is for most ordinary people had the piss taken out of them. It’s cruel, grim and all the other words we can use to try and explain the way we treat each other.And the F. A. Cup Final was today, a game where many of the real fans can’t go and see, they’ve been let down and they’re also having the piss taken out of them. I read the price of the programme is £10; the fans of the game should boycott the whole thing. If I was going to spend £10 on a programme I’d stop myself, and if I had that £10 to spare I would rather send it to the woman in Afghanistan who was featured in the documentary, if I could that is – call me naive, but it’s a disgrace.

2 comments:

robin said...

Hello Haynesy

good to see your work's getting published. Thought of you when we went to see the 'real' footie match at Wembley the day following the warm-up match - Exeter City in the play-offs! Only £20 to get in; 30,000 came up from Exeter (we were worried somebody might have nicked it while we were away). Thought of you when we parked at Ickenham Tube Station!

Hope you're well, mate - maybe see you some time soon

btw - the wee boy sends her love

robbie

Unknown said...

Hey Pete,

So I finally get to read your scriblings! Shoot me an email, stranger: chris@flagleronline.com

Chris Austin.